Export Development Program
Grow your exports. Grow your business.
The Export Development Program (EDP) is now closed. We are no longer accepting applications. Please check back for updates regarding the 2023-24 fiscal year intake period.
Interested in learning more about how our programs and services can help grow your business? Connect with your Regional Business Development Advisor today.
The Export Development Program (EDP) is for Nova Scotia businesses looking to:
- increase sales outside of Nova Scotia
- adopt technology and enhance e-commerce
- improve competitiveness
EDP offers three streams to support your business growth.
Stream 1: Travel and Virtual Trade Missions
- Participate in a virtual trade show, mission or conference
- Invite foreign clients, potential partners or investors to visit the business’ Nova Scotia facilities for the first time
- Travel to a market to attend an in-person trade show, conference or to visit clients, potential partners or investors. International travel permitted; the company will follow and adhere to all health protocols in all jurisdictions where the company is travelling. The company is responsible for all quarantine costs. International travel should adhere to federal government guidance.
Stream 2: Hire a Consultant or Service Provider
- Get expert help to address the challenges or barriers to selling your products/services outside of Nova Scotia
Stream 3: Digital Adoption
- Purchase software and software platforms to enhance remote working productivity
- Implement e-commerce solutions and the digitization of internal operations
All eligible businesses can apply for up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $30,000 CAD across the three streams. For minimum project requirements and a full list of eligible costs, please refer to the Program Guidelines.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be a Nova Scotia registered business in good standing (current registration on the Registry of Joint Stock Companies)
- have a permanent establishment in Nova Scotia
- have most of the workforce currently residing in Nova Scotia (some exceptions may apply, contact the Regional Business Development Advisor in your area to discuss)
- be engaged in, or have imminent plans to engage in, commercial activities outside of Nova Scotia, with fully developed exportable product(s), service(s), technology(ies), and/or intellectual property
- have a business plan and a strategy to sell products/services outside of Nova Scotia outlining the company’s target market and distribution channels; including challenges in the target market and how they will be overcome
Before You Apply
Please read the following documents to ensure you have all the required information available to you when completing the online form:
This program is now closed. The application deadline for the Export Development program was January 13, 2023.
Applications will only be considered for projects completed between April 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023.
Two-Step Identity Verification
We use two-step verification for our online forms. Each time you apply or submit a claim, you will be asked to:
- Enter your Invest Nova Scotia Customer Number and your associated email address to receive a one-time code
- Enter the one-time code to verify your identity and gain access to the online form
IMPORTANT: If this is your first program with Invest Nova Scotia or you don’t know your Customer Number, please contact your Regional Business Development Advisor to request this information.