Build the workforce you need in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia has the numbers, talent and skills to help your business excel.
- We’re educated: With 10 universities and 14 community college campuses, every year we have more university students and graduates per capita than anywhere else in Canada.
- We’re diverse: Our workforce makes up individuals from around the world with a range of cultures and experiences. The number of new Nova Scotians has increased by 85% over the past five years (2013-2018).
- We’re collaborative: Thanks to our network of post-secondary institutions across the province, businesses work closely with the academic community to customize curriculum to meet hiring requirements.
- Nova Scotia’s immigration retention rate is the highest in Atlantic Canada at 71% (2015-2018).
- The number of international students who have decided to make Nova Scotia home after attending one of our top universities has tripled since 2011.
- 17,800 people employed in Financial Services jobs
- 25,000 people employed in Information Technology jobs
- More than two-thirds of Halifax’s population between the ages of 25 and 64 have a trade, college, or university designation
- 28% more university students enrolled in tech, per capita, than the national average. The highest concentration of tech university enrolments than any other Canadian province
- More than 1,000 public and many private sector scientists are undertaking exciting R&D in industries like renewable energy, aerospace and defence, life sciences, and environmental studies
Did you find what you were looking for?
Drop us a line. Not only do we love to talk about our great people, we’ll run analysis for you to support the benefits of building a workforce in Nova Scotia, Canada.
Sold? Give Us One Day
In just one day, we introduce you to everyone you need to meet to choose Nova Scotia as the next location for your business. Reach out to get things started!