Market Entry Development Program
This project is supported by the Government of Canada and the four Atlantic Provinces through the Atlantic Trade, Investment, and Growth Agreement.
Considering expanding your business to Europe or Asia?
We are currently accepting applications for the Market Entry Development Program.
The Market Entry Development Program (MEDP) establishes a virtual presence for Atlantic Canadian companies in Europe or Asia, connecting them with influencers and decision-makers to start building a sales pipeline, without large-scale investment.
The MEDP will assess opportunities and develop company-specific approaches based on the expertise and connections of in-market trade consultants. The program focusses on increasing sales in countries where trade agreements with Canada already exist.
The MEDP is made possible by funding from the Government of Canada and the four Atlantic provinces, with support and facilitation from the Atlantic Chamber of Commerce.
What does the MEDP offer?
The program provides companies with everything they need to find or grow new sales, all packaged in the form of a customized market-entry strategy.
MEDP benefits include:
- 10 or 20 days of international sales development services delivered over several months.
- Opportunity assessment meetings and workplan prior to enrollment
- Opportunity analysis via detailed market research
- Advice on marketing and regulatory issues
- Support and in-market representation from trade professionals (e.g., trade shows)
- Connections and meetings with potential clients or sales partners
- Access to additional government funding to support extended marketing efforts
- A comprehensive, personalized market entry strategy
For complete program details and a list of available services, please refer to the MEDP Guidelines.
Qualifying for the MEDP
- have an exportable product or service,
- demonstrate a commitment to executing an export-focused growth strategy, and
- contribute $5462.50 ($4,750.00 + $712.50 HST) towards the cost of the consultant services (valued at $24,000.00).
Applicants should be experienced or export-ready companies with viable opportunities to sell outside of Atlantic Canada. Companies must demonstrate an organizational commitment to fully executing an export growth strategy.
Applicants will be interviewed by export development officers and upon acceptance into the program will be required to enter into a contractual relationship with the Atlantic Chamber of Commerce.
The MEDP is designed to enhance federal and provincial export-support resources and programs. In some cases, applicants may be encouraged to explore complementary services or funding programs.
Applications are being accepted on a continuous basis until MEDP reaches the program capacity limit.
To apply for the MEDP, please download, complete, and submit your application form. Click on APPLY bellow to access the application form.
For more information, refer to the MEDP Guidelines, or contact your respective provincial lead listed below:
Invest Nova Scotia
Scottina (Scottie) Jackson
Export Development Executive
Atlantic Chamber of Commerce Inc.
VP Export Programs