Business Workshop | Air Canada: How to save on air travel and air cargo services
Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 8:30am to 9:15amAdd to calendar
Nova Scotia Business Inc., in partnership with Air Canada and Air Canada Cargo, is pleased to offer a free information session about products that can help your company save money on air travel and ship your products around the globe. Topics to be covered include:
Overview of Corporate Products | Presented by: Susan Grant, Regional GM - Business Development
- Preferred carrier agreements that provide discounts on air travel in exchange for market share commitments
- Air Canada Corporate Rewards – an online booking tool that provide discounts and travel rewards for companies spending $20K/year or more on air travel
- Flight passes – savings/flexibility with bulk ticket purchases
- Meetings and Convention products – discounts for groups of 10 or more passengers travelling from multiple origins to one destination
- Travel Tips – Nexus / Global Traveler flight notification, online rebooking tools, baggage policy, name change for a fee, travel advisories, check in times
Overview of the Cargo Network | Presented by: Tony Sammartino, Cargo Sales Manager
- New destinations, including trucking and interline stations
- A glimpse inside the cargo hold of a passenger aircraft. Take a look at all the amazing Commodities that we carry in the cargo hold.
- Use of technology in the cargo world and how its making us efficient
- What are we doing to provide visibility to everyone is the supply chain
- Crystal balling the future of Air Canada Cargo
Registration opens at 8:00am.
About the Presenters
Susan Grant, Regional GM - Business Development of Air Canada, started in 1990, in the Finance department at Air Nova, then joined Air Canada in 2012. She has held various positions in Halifax and Montreal, including Manager- International Network Planning, GM Domestic Partners and most recently in the Global Sales department responsible for Business Development in Atlantic Canada. Susan is responsible for growing Air Canada’s corporate business, managing relationships with travel agency partners and for representing Air Canada in the community.
Check out the additional business workshops available on June 14, 2017 at Pier 21, in addition to the Nova Scotia Export Achievement Awards. To register, click on one of the following links.
- 9:30am – 10:15am: Business Workshop: How to be the CEO of a global business
- 10:30am – 11:15am: Business Workshop | Port of Halifax: How to reach global markets
- 2:30pm – 4:00pm: Business Workshop: A guide to growing your business outside Nova Scotia
Halifax Regional Municipality