CE Marking for Exporters Workshop
Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 8:30am to Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 1:45pmAdd to calendar
Four Points by Sheraton Halifax
1496 Hollis Street , Compass Room
Halifax, NS, Canada
Nova Scotia Business Inc., in partnership with the Council of Atlantic Premiers Secretariat and Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, is hosting a workshop designed to help businesses understand what is the CE (Conformité Européene) Mark and why it is relevant to your business.
This session is aimed at product manufacturers that have limited or no regulatory compliance experience and are exploring potential opportunities in the European Union (EU) under the Canada-EU Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA).
8:30am - 9:00am: Coffee & Registration
9:00am - 12:00pm: CE Marking for Exporters Information Session | Presented by Mr. Douglas Nix, C.E.T. partner and Managing Director at Compliance InSight Consulting, Inc.
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Lunch and Networking
1:00pm - 2:00pm: Exporter-Consultant Meetings (Pre-arranged and by appointment only.)
Featured Topics for Information Session:
- What is the CE Mark?
- How does CETA tie into this question?
- How is this relevant to my business? Why is the CE Mark required on Canadian products exported to the EU?
- Why export to the EU?
- What countries are covered by the CE Marking requirements?
- What do I need to do to get a CE Mark? How does a product receive a CE Mark? Who issues the CE Mark?
- What is a compliance program and why do I need it?
- What are the legal implications of the Mark?
- Technical Standards
- Notified Bodies & Test Labs
- Are there differences depending on the industry sector?
- What are the opportunities presented to business for exporting to the EU?
Registration fee: FREE (includes lunch, coffee and snacks)
For more information or to sign up for an Exporter-Consultant Meeting, please contact:
Nicole Johnson-Morrison, Export Development Executive
Nova Scotia Business Inc.
Aerospace & Defence, Digital Media, Business Services, Life Sciences, Film & Television Production, Natural Resources, Logistics & Transportation, Clean Tech, Energy & Heavy Industrial, Mining, Financial Services, Information Communications Technology, Agri-food, Seafood, Oceans, Advanced Manufacturing